[postgis-devel] 1, dot, 3 dot 4!

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Mon Oct 20 09:50:05 PDT 2008

Ok, so after thinking about this some more, to avoid naming collisions
with autobuilds and tagging, I propose that instead of:

1. update devel branch/trunk "Version.config" to tagged version.
2. create a tag release
3. revert "Version.config" in devel branch/trunk back to SVN version

we follow this procedure:

1. create a tag release
2. svn switch to tag release and update "Version.config" in the new
tagged release.

I know it's not normal to commit to a tagged release, but updating the
version would be the *only* commit to the newly created tag.

Doing things this way would simplify things in the autobuilding
department since nothing is changing in the devel branch - folks can
continue to happily commit without worries.

Eventually, when 1.3.4 is tagged, branch would get updated to 1.3.5SVN
at the same time - naming collisions are still avoided.

Thoughts?
-- Kevin