[postgis-devel] 1.3.4rc1

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 08:12:44 PDT 2008

Greg Troxel wrote:
>   What's dragon fly? by the way I updated the README in both trunk and
>   branch.  Maybe we should have an RC2?
>
> DragonFlyBSD is a fork of FreeBSD:
>   http://www.dragonflybsd.org/index.shtml
>
> I run NetBSD, but pkgsrc is also the offical packaging system for
> DragonFly and thus people put portability patches into pkgsrc.

Ummmm do we really want to start adding unsupported ports into PostGIS?
According to the PostgreSQL repository at
http://anoncvs.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/Makefile.shlib?rev=1.117;content-type=text%2Fplain
dragonfly isn't even listed, and so the dragonfly PostgreSQL packages
must be being customised by the dragonfly maintainers to add this extra
port information. So if you are customising the PostgreSQL packages then
I don't see why you are surprised at having to do the same with the
PostGIS packages.

The good thing is that in SVN trunk, PGXS will automatically pick up the
Makefile.shlib from PostgreSQL and so this will no longer be an issue
moving forward.

ATB,

Mark.

--