[postgis-devel] 1.3.4rc1

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 04:14:35 PDT 2008

Greg Troxel wrote:

> I am not surprised, just trying to reduce local patches in something I
> feel responsible for.
>
>> The good thing is that in SVN trunk, PGXS will automatically pick up
>> the Makefile.shlib from PostgreSQL and so this will no longer be an
>> issue moving forward.
>
> So that means we'll need this patch for 1.3.x, but that in 1.4.x we'll
> switch to PGXS?  That seems entirely workable.

Yeah, in fact the new build system is already in place in SVN trunk if
you wish to test during an idle moment. PGXS uses the in-built
PostgreSQL Makefile.shlib and so any changes you make there will
automatically be picked up by PostGIS.

Incidentally I was chatting to Dave (Page) from the PostgreSQL project
over the weekend, and he suggested that if your changes are minimal to
build on dragonfly then there would be a good chance of getting a patch
accepted in 8.4.

ATB,

Mark.

--