[postgis-devel] 1.3.4rc2 Released

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 04:26:41 PDT 2008

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> How big are the changes to support 8.4? If we decide not to, it places
> us in a bit of a schedule box, in that we need to put out 1.4 far
> enough ahead of 8.4 that people feel comfortable with it for
> upgrading. Personally, I'd rather support 8.4 in the 1.3 branch, so
> that people can ease into upgrades along either path (keep PostGIS
> static and upgrade PgSQL, or vice versa).
>
> Paul

Yeah, I'm in 2 minds about it at the moment although that's mainly
because the 1.3 branch build system is a complete pain ;)  If you want
to have a go at this yourself then it looks like you need to tweak
http://svn.refractions.net/postgis/branches/1.3/Makefile.config.in to
filter out the devel suffix (I think I used sed in trunk to do this?),
plus backport the 8.4 GiST fix from here:
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-commits/2008-August/000413.html.

ATB,

Mark.

--