[postgis-devel] Impatient on 1.3.4

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Fri Oct 31 04:47:02 PDT 2008

Mark,

How much effort is it to get 1.3.4 to compile on 8.4.  Given that
compiled betas are already out for 8.4, it would be nice to test those
out with PostGIS 1.3 series, but of course I can't because it doesn't
work. Well I haven't tried with 1.4.

Looks like the final commit of 8.4 is going to happen sometime in
November - I presume late November.
http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/PostgreSQL_8.4_Development_Pla

So we really should start testing by December - just before the first
official beta.

If it is a lot of effort then I guess we should plan for a 1.3.5 since I
personally probably wouldn't want to jump right to 1.4 and 8.4 at the
same time on a production server since it is much harder to figure out
which part went wrong when things go bad.

Thanks,
Regina