[postgis-devel] Issue 35 in postgis: Comments on Postgis Functions

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Sep 22 08:16:30 PDT 2008

Issue 35: Comments on Postgis Functions
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=35

Comment #5 by dane.springmeyer:
Regina,

I'm stuck momentarily trying to rebuild my libxslt since I got this error
with your command to build the sql:

springmeyer:doc spring$ xsltproc -o postgis_comments.sql
xsl/postgis_comments.sql.xsl reference_new.xml
compilation error: file xsl/postgis_comments.sql.xsl line 2 element
stylesheet
xsl:version: only 1.0 features are supported

So, I tried the  'postgis_comments.sql' you posted to postgis-dev and it
looks good.

However, I did notice a few things:

1) There are windows line endings that show up as 'r''s in my psql terminal
(see below, but which won't be a problem I figure when I can build it
myself).

2) In the example below shouldn't the first ST_AsKML(geometry ) entry (as
opposed to ST_AsKML(geometry , integer )) not list the Second argument
explanation in the comments?

beaver=# \dd *kml*
                                                        Object descriptions
  Schema |   Name   |  Object  |
Description
  public | st_askml | function | args: g1 - Return the geometry as a KML
element. Second argument may be\r
                               :             used to reduce the maximum
number of significant digits used in\r
                               :             output (defaults to 15).
  public | st_askml | function | args: g1, max_num_decimal_digits - Return