[postgis-devel] Issue 21 in postgis: locate_along_measure: wrong values, invalid data ?

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Sep 25 01:21:08 PDT 2008

Issue 21: locate_along_measure: wrong values, invalid data ?
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=21

Comment #10 by l... at rosinak.at:
Hi Mark,

my solution passes the regression tests, your solution modifies the results.

select 'LINEZM_6',
asewkt(locate_between_measures('LINESTRING(0 10 10 40, 10 0 0 0)', 2, 2));

result as expected and with my solution
LINEZM_6|POINT(9.5 0.5 0.5 2)

result with your solution
LINEZM_6|LINESTRING(9.5 0.5 0.5 2,9.5 0.5 0.5 2)

i didn't find the specification of the semantics, so i can't decide what is
correct
result. The POINT(...) result makes more sense for me.

However, I hope that any solution is making it into to the next release
code, because
a core dumping RDBMS isn't the thing with i want to rely on - i assume we
can agree
on this.

I attached a patch with some additional regression tests.

Kind regards,
Richard

Attachments:
	regression_issue-21-patch.diff  2.6 KB