[postgis-devel] Issue 145 in postgis: POLYGON( EMPTY) is unparseable

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Apr 7 04:43:24 PDT 2009

Updates:

Comment #3 on issue 145 by robe.... at cityofboston.gov: POLYGON( EMPTY) is
unparseable
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=145

Actually using the ST_Area was how we discovered the issue too when it
broke our code
using ST_Area with that getPoint2d_p.  And on inspection it seemed that
Buffer was
just returning a POLYGON( EMPTY) which would otherwise be fine except we
don't seem
to know how to parse POLYGON(EMPTY).  Shouldn't POLYGON(EMPTY) be a valid
construct?
  Though as Leo said its POLYGON(spaceEMPTY) its returning or at least that
is how
PostGIS interprets it.

Now for Paul's example -- testing on my Windows 8.3 1.4/3.1.0 install it
doesn't
crash   -- I get this

ERROR:  geometry contains non-closed rings