[postgis-devel] [WKT Raster] Porting Wiki and documentation

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Apr 13 15:01:12 PDT 2009

> I would suggest we translate just a couple of them and keep a general
planning page so we don't pollute too much the system with our tickets and
we leave room > for major changes in the planning. We never know, maybe at
some point we will merge everything with PostGIS. This would make us benefit
much from the system
> now and keep a plan (easily
> modifiable) for the future. This is a bit what I did in the actual wiki.
> There is only two planned milestones and all the rest is in a single page
that we can divide in more versions later.

I like that idea no point in planning too far ahead.

>4. Submit each task specified in the planning & funding as a separate
>Ticket. Such tickets could include all corresponding details like
schedule,
>timing, funds, status and could be easily assigned (and reassigned if
>needed) to partic0.2)  and to developers using Trac features.

> Can we get our own milestones? Or we will have to follow PostGIS ones?

Kevin, Mark, or Paul -- do you have any issues with this? I'm okay with this
-- just settle on the milestones you want in place.

If we go down this -- I would like to prefix the Postgis milestones with
postgis

postgis-1.3.6
postgis-1.4.0
postgis-1.4.1
(can we have a postgis-1.5.0  and have all the 2.0 items we have currently
pushed to this)

I figure 2.0 is at least a year's away and I would like to see the changes
we have flagged for 2.0 before then - like in a 5-6 month time frame and
also the whole delete function thing done in 1.5 since it would be nice to
get 1.4 out soon, and I don't think we have time to test with deleted
functions.

Thanks,
Regina