[postgis-devel] [WKT Raster] Porting Wiki and documentation

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Apr 14 13:11:04 PDT 2009

Pierre Racine wrote:
>>> Or we can just add replies?
>>
>> Replies? You mean comments?
>> Yes, you can comment but you can still modify existing ticket.
>> And you can track changes to such ticket.
>>
>> For instance, see this ticket I maintain for libLAS:
>>
>> http://liblas.org/ticket/52
>>
>> I changed description number of times, recently I changed also summary
>> (title) of the ticket after I extended the idea.
>> Tickets also are versioned, see diff's for ticket updates.
>
> How can you modify a ticket? I don't see any "edit" button in the ticket
> pages.

There is no edit button, but you still can edit tickets.

1. Load the Trac website and login in
2. Go to existing ticket
3. Scroll down until you find frame titled "Change Properties" which
provides form which you can use to apply changes.
4. Hit Submit changes button

Happy editing :-)

> Apparently you can only add a comment. This does not result in
> very clean document like a spec page or an RFC.

Yes, I understand what you are saying - comments do not work for us.
So, we will edit tickets.

>>> Can we get our own milestones? Or we will have to follow PostGIS
>>> ones?
>>
>> This is what I originally asked PostGIS folks, if we can maintain
>> WKT Raster milestones along, meaning add them to the Milestone
>> drop-down box:
>>
>> wktraster-0.1.0
>> wktraster-0.1.1
>> wktraster-0.2.0
>
> If they could just create 0.1.6 (this would be our first release
> including B01a to B01f). Then we will see.

Are you suggesting to ue numbers only, without wktraster- prefix?
If you are, then I am not sure about this.
If PostGIS uses numbers and WKT Raster uses number, then ticket
reporters will be confuse which means what.

Best regards,