[postgis-devel] trunk regress fails - PostgreSQL Minimum version?

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Wed Aug 12 08:36:59 PDT 2009

strk wrote:
> 'sed' is also used in postgis/Makefile, does it work there for you ?
> We do need to edit the sql file in order to have it use the pre-installed
> library...

Ah.  Let me clarify.  Yes, sed substitution in the Makefiles work fine for me.  What doesn't work is the path that is
replacing $libdir.

> Just an hint: you should be able to run 'make check' from top-level dir.

:) Yes, I know ... just a force of habit I guess.

Here's the head of the regression log running "make check" after configuring (see the script I posted yesterday).

BEGIN
psql:postgis.sql:53: NOTICE:  type "spheroid" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
psql:postgis.sql:53: ERROR:  could not access file "/var/home/buildbot/workspace/src/regress/../postgis/postgis-1.5": No
such file or directory
psql:postgis.sql:59: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:postgis.sql:65: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

The problem is that it can't find the pre-installed library.
I'm getting the same errors as mloskot with ticket 219 (http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/219).

-- Kevin