[postgis-devel] Small boo boo

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Fri Aug 21 11:14:46 PDT 2009

Correct - well still under consideration. I think its rare we make changes
to the sql file except when introducing new functions (which we aren't going
to do anymore in microversions) so I suspect it won't be that much of an
issue if we for simplicity make that requirement.

The only case I can think of where this becomes a big issue is if we start
introducing a lot of sql/plpgsql functions from user contributions and those
are constantly under maintenance.  Given that lots of people can do this, I
suspect that would take on a life of its own anyway and shouldn't be
packaged as part of PostGIS core.  Maybe we would do packages like R does.

Thanks,
Regina