[postgis-devel] Shapefile to PostGIS Importer

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Wed Dec 16 19:57:18 PST 2009

I'm not actually that wedded to not changing the loader/dumper
mid-stream. It's not something that other system components depend
upon, unlike SQL signatures and so on, so I think we can reasonably
work on that part of the code base pretty agressively.

Another piece that needs work is a GUI take on the dumper, in
particular one that takes a table as as commandline parameter (I'm
thinking here of what running within at PgAdmin plugin context would
look like.

For 2.0 I'd like to look at swapping to another widget set. QT or
WxWindows. I'm not so impressed with how well GTK+ is being maintained
on non-Linux hosts.

P.