[postgis-devel] License

Stephen Frost sfrost at snowman.net
Wed Feb 4 14:00:54 PST 2009

Paul,

* Paul Ramsey (pramsey at opengeo.org) wrote:
> However, I am interested to hear what other people think. Whether
> integrating would be a good idea, in general. Whether attempting to do
> it would be worth the hassle, in practice.

I think it would be a great idea to move it into core.  It would
certainly improve the user's experience today, though maybe that will
improve in the future.  I know some of the PG folks hang out on the
postgis lists, but I think there would be a more detailed review, more
eyes looking at the code, etc, which would also be good.  It would also
really be nice to make the tables in the public schema go away or be
made into views..  That's always been a pet peeve of mine.  I think we
could also have a proper geometry type (I know PG's user-defined types
have been improved, and this may be possible without being in core, but
it may also be easier in core to handle this..).

	Thanks,

		Stephen