[postgis-devel] Windows Build Instructions

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Wed Feb 4 14:47:05 PST 2009

Well, I started with GEOS, thinking it was self-contained, no dependencies...

I got MinGW and MSYS. No problems there. From your earlier note on
License it sounds like I should have skipped MinGW in favour of MSVC?

I wasted some time getting appropriate autobuild tools to bootstrap
the svn version, which eventually worked, but I also got the rc2
tarball, in both cases, after a clean ./configure, the compilation
died on the first .cpp file, complaining about missing

::vsnprintf

Sorry, I'm away from my VM right now, so I can't get the extract error
string. I'll provide the full details when I'm back at the ranch.

P.