[postgis-devel] Issue 119 in postgis: ST_AsSVG crashed DB backend with large geometries.

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sat Feb 21 04:50:05 PST 2009

Owner: ----

New issue 119 by mgl.gis: ST_AsSVG crashed DB backend with large geometries.
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=119

Hello, this is a follow-up from a question I posted on the users list.

I've found that ST_AsSVG will cause the database connection to lock-up,
with the following message in the pg_log:

** glibc detected *** postgres: postgres testdb [local] SELECT: >
realloc(): invalid next size: 0x000000000220f410 ***

I've attached a sample geometry in WKT/WKB format, but the geometry itself
seems to be arbitrary, as I can cause this to happen with a variety of
geometries that I merge together using st_union.  The attached sample is
just a bunch of lines and points that I selected from a couple layers I
have.

If there is anything I can do to help debug this, let me know.

Attachments:
	biggeom_ewkb.txt  297 KB
	biggeom_ewkt.txt  312 KB