[postgis-devel] Compile trouble of Trunk on MingW

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Wed Jan 7 06:34:06 PST 2009

I'm still having trouble compiling 1.4 SVN under MingW.  It keeps
complaining that it can't find my Proj install.  My install looks fine
as far as I can tell.  The proj.exe etc gets installed.  I verified my
Proj 4.6.1 proj_api.h is in C:\msys\1.0\local\include\proj_api.h

I tried this

./configure --libdir=/usr/local/lib --includedir=/usr/local/include
--with-pgconfig=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config
--with-projdir=/usr/local/include

and keep getting the error

configure: error: could not find proj_api.h - you may need to specify
the directory of a PROJ.4 installation using --with-projdir

I tried using both SVN and nightly snapshot with same error.  Have no
clue what I am missing here.

GEOS seems to be automatically detected and pgconfig seem to work fine
with the --with-pgconfig.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Regina