[postgis-devel] Issue 94 in postgis: Rename folders/files to be more consistent

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Jan 9 02:49:10 PST 2009

Owner: mark.cav... at siriusit.co.uk
Labels: Milestone-1.4

New issue 94 by mark.cav... at siriusit.co.uk: Rename folders/files to be more
consistent
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=94

With the clear split between liblwgeom and the PostgreSQL-specific lwgeom/
directory, it would make sense to rename the lwgeom/ directory to postgis/.

Similarly I'd like to suggest renaming the following files:

lwpostgis.sql -> postgis.sql
liblwpostgis  -> libpostgis-1.4

I think this will make things much clearer. Also by adding in the version
number into the PostgreSQL shared library, it means moving ahead that
developers/users can easily have multiple versions installed which I see as
being very useful in the time ahead.