[postgis-devel] GUI Version 0

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 09:30:00 PST 2009

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> For all my hunting the internet and searching Google Code for an
> appropriate m4 to do GTK checking, it never once entered my pea-brain
> to actually look in the GTK source itself! I've taken a macro from
> there, it looks like it just does a more thorough job using
> pkg-config.

Cool. Don't forget to add /usr/share/aclocal/gtk-2.0.m4 to the macros/
directory. The only reason it's automatically present is because the
libgtk-dev packages have been installed on the computer running
autogen.sh, and it's being automatically pulled from the automake
repository.

> However, the hard-coded paths for OS/X are going to have to remain
> until there is some more subtle macro script available to find them.
> For unknown reasons, those frameworks don't include a pkg-config, so
> the same tricks don't work with them.

Hmmm. Might be worth asking on IRC/GTK mailing list to see if there is a
similar macro for Apple. I can't believe that no-one hasn't come across
this before....

ATB,

Mark.

--