[postgis-devel] CascadedUnion Early Results

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Tue Jan 20 14:29:25 PST 2009

Yup, already forwarded it to you.

Yes, it looks much better.  It obviously depends greatly on the dataset being used ... just how much the dataset overlaps.

Paul, out of curiosity, how does this method compare when trying to use a set of completely disjoint polygons?  Since
there is nothing to gain by using a cascaded methodology in such a case, is there an overhead to using the function?

Cheers,
Kevin