[postgis-devel] Another Data Point

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Wed Jan 21 09:10:43 PST 2009

That is not surprising.  I think much of the benefit of my code was
spoon feeding to postgis so sort of acting as a memory manager within
the PostgreSQL context and my arrays were much smaller -- never ended up
with a single array of yeh big as I recall.  Though its been a while
since I have looked.

Anyrate I'll retest in the next day or so against 3.1.   I would be
curious to see the results.

Yes accumulation when you get in the 1000s is non-trivial because
PostgreSQL has to resize the array.

Which is why a construct such as

ARRAY(SELECT the_geom FROM sometable)

is faster than