[postgis-devel] PostGIS Windows installer source/repository

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Jul 3 02:24:47 PDT 2009

Picavet Vincent wrote:

> Hello,
> I managed to compile PostGIS and its windows installer thanks to
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiWinCompile
> and with the PostGIS windows installer from
> http://postgis.refractions.net/download/windows/
> ( or http://pgfoundry.org/projects/stackbuilder/ ).
>
> The Windows installer sources seem to be available only for PostGIS
> 1.3.6 as a source tar.gz.
>
> Is there a svn/cvs repository of the PostGIS installer source code
> somewhere ?

Not at the moment as not that many people have been able to build the
Windows version; hopefully this will change in future, and we could
reconsider if it becomes necessary.

> I would like to recompile 1.4 and 1.5SVN versions as well, is there a
> version of the installer for these versions ?

Not yet. although it should be reasonably simple to make the required
changes to the paths/files to make sure everything is included.

> Thanks a lot by the way for the wiki page and the installer. Building on
> Windows can be quite complicated, but with explanations and a magic
> installer tool it works like a charm.

No worries. I think possibly Regina did most of the work on this?

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk