[postgis-devel] st_dwithin, st_within, st_dcompletlywithin

nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Thu Jul 9 05:32:48 PDT 2009

I have been looking some more on this Hausdorff Distance. I'm afraid I have to take a step back. There are aspects that is not handled by my original idea and I can't see how to deal with it. The problem I didn't realize is that if the second geometry is "surrounding" the first, we have to search for the most far away point between the vertices. In the ordinary maxdistance-case we don't have to consider that and the maxdistance is always between two vertices.  /Nicklas

Oh that's what that is. Hmm and I think its already ported to PostGIS,