[postgis-devel] Fwd: PostGIS 1.4

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Fri Jul 10 02:45:48 PDT 2009

We should also test out Bruce's pgMigrator.  That was actually more of the
scenario I was thinking of where by I may be upgrading 1.4 before I move to
8.4.

I have one largish database (about 900 gb now when loaded) which takes
normally 8-10 hours to restore, so I won't be rushing quickly to upgrade it
to 8.4 though I would like to take advantage of 8.4 features and definitely
want to start taking advantage of PostGIS 1.4 as soon as possible.

My plan for that one is upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4 stay like that for a couple
of months -->  PgMigrate to 8.4 - 1.4  once I have the process all tested
out in a development environment