[postgis-devel] Still no luck getting shp2pgsql-gui to compile under MinGW

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Jul 13 01:14:58 PDT 2009

We get different results from this clean box than my prior attempts, but
still fails at trying to build the gui.

Attached is the build log just trying to build the loader.

Output of our pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0 looks like the below

-mms-bitfields -Ic:/MinGW/include/gtk-2.0 -Ic:/MinGW/lib/gtk-2.0/include
-Ic:/MinGW/include/atk-1.0 -Ic:/MinGW/include/cairo
-Ic:/MinGW/include/pango-1.0 -Ic:/MinGW/include/glib-2.0
-Ic:/MinGW/lib/glib-2.0/include -Ic:/MinGW/include/libpng12

We had originally tried to install under c:/gtk/opt  and can't remember the
exact errors we got with that.  They might have been the same.

Anyrate maybe someone has some clues.  I think on my corrupted box, I was
able to get further.  The shp2pgsql-gui.o was being produced and was
breaking at building the exe.  But then I was fiddling around with the
makefile so much that one of my fiddles might have made it get that far.

Thanks,
Regina and Leo