[postgis-devel] Still no luck getting shp2pgsql-gui to compile under MinGW

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Jul 13 02:18:38 PDT 2009

nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no wrote:

> Hallo
>

> Idon't know, but I followed the error-message. Then I found this in the
> file shp2pgsql-core.h
> #ifdef HAVE_ICONV
> extern char *encoding; /* iconv encoding name */
> #endif
> so I guess that HAVE_ICONV gives a not desired answer since the problem
> according to the error-message is that encoding is not declared.
>
> just a guess
>
> /Nicklas

Yeah, that could be a possibility although I couldn't recreate it here
for some reason, probably because I have iconv built into glibc :(  What
does postgis_config.h say about HAVE_ICONV?

I'll have a look at this later this evening to fix the non-iconv case,
but you'll definitely want iconv in the official Windows builds as the
users ask for it quite a lot.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS