[postgis-devel] 1.4.0 Could it be True

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Jul 13 02:34:06 PDT 2009

Paragon Corporation wrote:

> Paul,
> How about Wednesday or Thursday?

There's a few things we need to fix in the GUI - see patch attached to
my previous email. But assuming it works on a Mac and Win32 we're
probably reasonably safe...

We also need to finish up the documentation notes; in particular the
release notes from 1.3.6 need to be added from 1.3 branch into 1.4
branch/trunk Appendix A.

> We haven't had any problems and have started to use in one real application.
> By the way -- We got PostGIS for 8.3, 8.4 compiling on our windows xp
> virtual box.  We were going to tackle shp2pgsql-gui on this clean install
> and hoping it will work.  Will probably do that tomorrow and also the NSIS
> still need to do that on this VM.
>
> Mark -  I forget what's the trick for compiling PostGIS for 8.2 under MinGW
> given it doesn't read the pgxs thing correctly.  Do we just need to make it
> the default install?

Alter PATH so that the path containing pg_config is *before* the system
paths, e.g. :

export PATH=/path/to/pg_config:$PATH

HTH,

Mark.