[postgis-devel] Array support in libpq

Mateusz Loskot Mateusz.Loskot at cadcorp.com
Mon Jul 13 08:46:33 PDT 2009

Jorge Arévalo wrote:
> Does libpq have support for array datatype nowadays? I'm trying to
> find a function like PQgetvalue to get array values but I can't.

I'd suggest to search through the PostgreSQL archives as this issue
has been discussed a couple of times:

"PQgetvalue is always going to give you the string representation
of the field value *unless* you specify a binary cursor.
In that case you'll get all requested fields in binary form,
and it's your responsibility to deal with making sense of what you get."

You can find more here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-sql/2003-03/msg00586.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-interfaces/2006-06/msg00003.php

Best regards,