[postgis-devel] st_intersect crasher

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Jul 15 03:40:41 PDT 2009

Paul et. Al,

I know we had put in some short-circuit logic for POLYGONs in 1.3.5 for
ST_Intersects so that it in some cases it doesn't even hit GEOS.  I don't
think this is one of them.  I'm assuming that we have no such short-circuit
logic in place for ST_Intersection as well that does a quick st_intersects
and returns an empty geometry collection if they don't intersect?

I'm thinking that is why David might be noticing a real problem in GEOS (if
there is one), and Mark and I wouldn't.  I'm runnning PostGIS 1.3.6 and
unfortunately don't have a lower version to easily test with.  1.3.3 didn't
have any of this new short-circuit logic so would be really exercising GEOS.

Alternatively if someone can test GEOS directly.

Thanks,
Regina