[postgis-devel] Typmod Again

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Wed Jul 22 14:24:56 PDT 2009

According to the 1.4 manual, postgis has the following type options:

The type of the spatial object. To restrict the spatial column to a
single type, use one of: POINT, LINESTRING, POLYGON, MULTIPOINT,
MULTILINESTRING, MULTIPOLYGON, GEOMETRYCOLLECTION or corresponding XYM
versions POINTM, LINESTRINGM, POLYGONM, MULTIPOINTM, MULTILINESTRINGM,
MULTIPOLYGONM, GEOMETRYCOLLECTIONM. For heterogeneous (mixed-type)
collections, you can use "GEOMETRY" as the type.

I don't see any Z options, let alone GEOMETRYZ/M. Do we really have
different types for each possible type and 2/3/4-d combination?

Chris