[postgis-devel] Re: [PostGIS] #160: prefix not recognized in 1.4.0SVN

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Tue Jun 2 09:28:05 PDT 2009

An (albeit small) issue I see with this is:

The autobuild environment I set up is organized in such a way that I can have various versions of the PostGIS
dependences pre-built (GEOS, Proj, Postgresql, etc.).  That way I can build PostGIS against various configurations for
testing.

Being tied to PGXS means that the same can never be said about liblwgeom - it'll be tied directly to a particular
PostgreSQL installation. If someone wanted to build a project that relies on liblwgeom, building various versions will be:
- configure
- make
- find liblwgeom.so and related links
- manually copy libs to particular installation directory
instead of the typical make && make install.

Not a big deal by any means, but I guess that's another reason why it might be a good idea to have liblwgeom as a
separate project.

-- Kevin