[postgis-devel] New uninstall_postgis.sql script

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Sat Jun 6 07:18:06 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I've just committed a new generated uninstall_postgis.sql script to 1.4
which gives the complete SQL script required to remove all of the
PostGIS functions/types/operators from a database. So please if you do
add/change any functions types, please verify that you also update the
install SQL script too.

At the moment, the script simply uses DROP TYPE ... CASCADE on the
PostGIS types which removes them completely from the database; however
it struck me that this could be a way of unifying our
installation/removal/upgrade procedures since an upgrade process
involves removing all of the old definitions and adding the new ones.
Obviously this would only work with 1.4 onwards, but easier upgrades
would put us in a great position going forwards. Thoughts?

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk