[postgis-devel] New uninstall_postgis.sql script

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Sat Jun 6 11:03:49 PDT 2009

"Paragon Corporation" <lr at pcorp.us> writes:
> I've been doing dumping reloading so haven't fully tested.  So its just the
> annoying fact that TYPE has no CREATE OR REPLACE like functions do.  If such
> a thing existed for TYPES I would expect all of this would be a non-issue.

CREATE OR REPLACE what?  It seems unlikely that you need to change the
names of the I/O functions, and you can't change the type's
representational properties if you're hoping to do upgrade-in-place.
So I'm not really seeing what CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE would buy exactly.

Replacing the .so doesn't seem to be a problem, so long as you avoided
putting any version numbers into the .so name referenced in the SQL
function definitions.

			regards, tom lane