[postgis-devel] New uninstall_postgis.sql script

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Sat Jun 6 19:07:50 PDT 2009

"Paragon Corporation" <lr at pcorp.us> writes:
> Tom - I think I missed this part and perhaps this is what Mark is talking
> about that I didn't quite get.  I assumed that
> CREATE OR REPLACE  we could do something like this

> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION st_geometry_recv(internal)
>   RETURNS geometry AS
> '$libdir/liblwgeom', 'LWGEOM_recv'
>   LANGUAGE 'c' IMMUTABLE STRICT

> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION st_geometry_recv(internal)
>   RETURNS geometry AS
> '$libdir/postgis-1.4', 'LWGEOM_recv'
>   LANGUAGE 'c' IMMUTABLE STRICT

> But your statement above suggests this is not allowed.

Well, it will work as-is, but it won't work in the context of
pg_migrator, which is going to try to load the identical "old"
SQL into the new database.  But it might be possible for you
to do this in two steps --- do the upgrade from old to new
postgis either before or after the migration of the underlying
database.  This will require having either a 1.4 .so for PG 8.3
or a 1.3 .so for 8.4, but I gather from previous comments that
you intend to support both anyway.

			regards, tom lane