[postgis-devel] RFC3

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Jun 10 04:17:28 PDT 2009

+ 0.5

I guess my concern is mostly upgrade.  Are you planning to do this for 1.4?
I guess as far as upgrade concerns and maybe you have thought about this
already.  Isn't it going to be difficult to get rid of things like
st_geometry_overlap
If they are used in operator definitions.

I would prefer if these were marked RENAME to and for UPGRADE we would use a
RENAME, but that doesn't seem to be an option since we have the renamed
names already present (UNLESS we use totally different names).

Makes me wonder if we should have a plpgsql function as part of UPGRADE as
it would vary depending on how people were upgrading in the past if these
operator functions we are dropping are or are not in use so we'd need to put
in a lot of conditional checks like if in use in OPERATORS RENAME them and
if not drop them.

Thanks,
Regina