[postgis-devel] Specifying end cap and join styles Buffer op

strk strk at keybit.net
Sun Jun 21 15:13:09 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 10:31:09AM -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 4:23 AM, strk <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
>
> > Also, I agree with Regina about keeping quadSegs and add the params
> > as fourth arg.
>
> Why? this seems like a chance to clean up the buffer API a little, and
> I think quadSegs is just as much an "optional, unordered" parameter as
> the stuff that will be hidden in the paramstring.

My only argument is backward compatibility with whoever relied
on implicit cast while using the quadrantSegment parameter,
handling which would make the code dirtier rather than cleaner
(considering corner case of "just-a-number" as a request to set
the quadrantSegment parameter).

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!