[postgis-devel] postgis_upgrade.sql

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Jun 25 14:01:06 PDT 2009

> If we try our best to not change types we can have a
run_if_missing_typeing pl/pgsql function running an arbitrary code if a type
is missing.
> Doing so might help keeping the auto-generation by simply passing the
whole CREATE TYPE statement as an argument to such a function.

> What do you think ?

Strk,

Yes this is what I was thinking.  I was also thinking that if we wanted to
do the RFC 3 thing in our 1.5 release

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/195

 -- to get around aforementioned issues.
This kind of conditional logic which we can only pull off in a plpgsql
function (or perl script), but the plpgsql everyone is guaranteed to have
that where as with perl they won't necessarily.

Thanks,
Regina