[postgis-devel] postgis_upgrade.sql

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Jun 25 14:23:18 PDT 2009

Paragon Corporation wrote:

> Strk,
>
> Yes this is what I was thinking.  I was also thinking that if we wanted to
> do the RFC 3 thing in our 1.5 release
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/195
>

>  -- to get around aforementioned issues.
> This kind of conditional logic which we can only pull off in a plpgsql
> function (or perl script), but the plpgsql everyone is guaranteed to have
> that where as with perl they won't necessarily.

Yeah; I have no objection to conditional logic as part of an upgrade
process, as long any temporary stored procedures remove themselves when
they are finished.

Since PostGIS requires plpgsql to be installed in the database anyway,
we might as well make use of it if we need to.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk