[postgis-devel] Nightly build of WKT Raster for Windows?

Mateusz Loskot Mateusz.Loskot at cadcorp.com
Mon Jun 29 08:46:06 PDT 2009

Paragon Corporation wrote:
> Mateusz et. al,
> >> Mateusz,
> >>
> >> Not as of yet but that is definitely the direction we are going.
>
> > Regina,
>
> > That's a good news.
>
> FWIW,
>
> http://postgis.refractions.net/download/windows/pg84/experimental/
> (this will be the location for all experimental builds against PostgreSQL 8.4
> and we will have similar for other PostgreSQL versions)
>
> I did put up a build for PostgreSQL 84 RC1
> http://postgis.refractions.net/download/windows/pg84/experimental/postg
> resql_84_postgis14beta1_geos3_1_1_wktraster_016.zip
>
> Which contains the following items:
> Postgis 1.4Beta1
> Geos 3.1.1
> WKT Raster (trunk I think from 6/22/09)
> Proj 4.6

Regina,

Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking about.

> So with these you should just be able to copy the the structure into an
> 8.4 install and run the scripts in the share/contrib/postgis folder and be
> ready to go.

Yes, it will work for us.

> I plan to do the same for 8.3 (and rebuild the above with the newer wkt
> raster) once I get my new dev box up and running which hopefully will
> be in the next day or 2.

I'm leaving for 2 weeks, so I'll be able to test the binaries when I'm back.
For now, I wanted to confirm what's the situation and what options are possible.
It looks everything is in place :-)

> For experimental builds I don't think we really need an install exe.

Agreed, no need for that.

> I haven't put these officially up since I wanted to write up some quick
> instructions on how to use them.  I think for current PostGIS users, it
> should be fairly obvious.

OK

Regina, thank you very much for your effort!

I'll get back to this subject when I'm back.

Best regards,
--
Mateusz Loskot
Senior Programmer, Cadcorp