[postgis-devel] PostGIS 1.4 RC1 vote

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Jun 29 13:15:23 PDT 2009

> Both of these of errors are caused by bad memory accesses (I know, because
I spent a lot of time fixing these in 1.3.6 as a result of the torture test
results). Just because > the bad access doesn't manage to crash on your
particular platform/architecture on that particular attempt, doesn't mean it
will be harmless on another combination of
> platform/architecture or won't fail at random points later within a longer
transaction.

Mark my point about this one is not that we shouldn't fix it as soon as we
can but just that it's a long standing bug that also exists in the 1.3.6 (I
put in the bug report for 1.3 for the make line a while ago).  That is why I
marked it fo 1.3.7

My main concern is breaking something much more common in our efforts to
rush to fix this.

Ideally I would like us to fix this for 1.3.7 when we do for 1.4