[postgis-devel] Issue 103 in postgis: Box3D always gets cast to 2D geometry

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Mar 9 10:10:44 PDT 2009

Updates:

Comment #1 on issue 103 by mark.cav... at siriusit.co.uk: Box3D always gets
cast to 2D geometry
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=103

The issue here is that the cast from BOX3D to geometry only works in 2
dimensions.
Unfortunately the behaviour of the 3rd dimension is not really defined when
casting
from a cube, so we could interpolate the Z coordinates but at the end of
the day that
doesn't really help you at all.

Since there is no well-defined behaviour, we may as well stick with the 2D
conversion
with the Z coordinate set to 0 and mark this as "Won't fix".

ATB,

Mark.