[postgis-devel] RE: WKTRaster news from the Toronto Code Sprint?

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Thu Mar 12 11:27:54 PDT 2009

Hi Tyler,

The Toronto Code Sprint was mainly an opportunity to get inputs from other members of the Geospatial Open Source community and to promote the project.

I could have good discussions with Paul, Mark, Regina and Frank and agree on a number of issues.

You'll find a summary of what has been agreed at the end of our working specification page that I still have to update:

http://www.cef-cfr.ca/index.php?n=Membres.PierreRacineWKTRasterSpecifications

We hope to have Beta 0.1 out this summer. This includes sections B01c (done), B01d (done), B01e (todo), B01f (todo) and also B02a (on progress) and B02b (todo).

We also specked a "raster_column" table (see around the end of the page) similar to the PostGIS "geometry_column" table. Mateusz is working on it.

It is certain that more funds would speed up the whole process.

I hope this answer your question.

Pierre