[postgis-devel] RE: WKTRaster news from the Toronto Code Sprint?

Stephen Frost sfrost at snowman.net
Fri Mar 13 05:21:06 PDT 2009

Pierre,

* Pierre Racine (Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca) wrote:
> http://www.cef-cfr.ca/index.php?n=Membres.PierreRacineWKTRasterSpecifications
>
> We hope to have Beta 0.1 out this summer. This includes sections B01c (done), B01d (done), B01e (todo), B01f (todo) and also B02a (on progress) and B02b (todo).
>
> We also specked a "raster_column" table (see around the end of the page) similar to the PostGIS "geometry_column" table. Mateusz is working on it.

What does this raster_column look like?  Would it be possible to just
encode the necessary information into the typmod (32-bit integer field)?
That would be much nicer than having yet another table in the public
schema that doesn't really belong.  I hope to do the same for the
geometry_column some day..

	Thanks,

		Stephen