[postgis-devel] [WKT Raster] Requirement of PostgreSQL

strk strk at keybit.net
Mon Mar 16 07:13:34 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:05:46AM -0000, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to ask and discuss what is (or should be) oldest
> version of PostgreSQL required by WKT Raster.
>
> Currently, the chain of dependencies is a follows:
>
> PostgreSQL <- PostGIS <- WKT Raster
>
> WKT Raster requires [1] PostGIS of current SVN trunk
> and PostGIS 1.3.5 does not work here.
> According to the SVN manual, PostGIS in trunk requires PostgreSQL 8.1+
> It implies, WKT Raster requires PostgreSQL 8.1+ as well.

Actually, WKTRaster requires 8.3, for automatic null-terminated
strings to vararg text automatic cast. Try against 8.1 for details
(should be shown by make post-install-check).
Shouldn't be too hard to fix.

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!