[postgis-devel] Issue 136 in postgis: Remove deprecated definitions from postgis.sql

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Mar 16 07:31:08 PDT 2009

Comment #1 on issue 136 by mark.cav... at siriusit.co.uk: Remove deprecated
definitions from postgis.sql
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=136

This was one of the discussions we had at the code sprint.

Unfortunately we can't do this yet. Even though the old functions have been
deprecated since the 1.2 series (over 2 years ago), projects which use
PostGIS still
haven't updated their code to make use of them.

I think we need to make it more prominent that the non-ST functions will
disappear
with the next PostGIS release, and I believe Paul was going to look at
kicking
various other projects to make sure they update code in the meantime.

ATB,

Mark.