[postgis-devel] [WKT Raster] Type of extent columnofRASTER_COLUMNS

Mateusz Loskot Mateusz.Loskot at cadcorp.com
Wed Mar 18 03:21:11 PDT 2009

Paragon Corporation wrote:
> Mateusz
>
> > BTW, I'm a complete noob in the world of PL/PgSQL, so I'd appreciate
> > if someone fluent in this language could review if the code of
> > AddRasterColumn function is acceptable/correct/efficient/etc.
>
> Couple of cursory observations.
>
> 1) Using ALIAS $1  is kind of arcane and went out in the PostgreSQL 7
> series.  The new preferred since 8.0 is just to have it in the arg def
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/plpgsql-
> declarations.html#PLPG
> SQL-DECLARATION-ALIASES

Yes, I'm aware of that and that's why I've recently asked about
min required version of PostgreSQL. As we have decided to support 8.x+
I'm going to switch to named arguments.

> 2) For your secondary definitions I would use an sql function instead
> of plpgsql.  It will make your code a bit shorter and probably slightly
> faster.

What you mean as "secondary definitions".
Do you mean the overloaded versions of AddRasterColumn?

Best regards,
--
Mateusz Loskot
Senior Programmer, Cadcorp