[postgis-devel] Compilation using Visual C++ 8.0

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sat Mar 21 03:22:27 PDT 2009

Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>
>> Mark,
>>
>> I haven't move to that yet. I'll work on this during the weekend, so
>> hopefully it's ready for Monday.
>
> Thanks Mateusz.
>
> I've applied some header changes in the meantime which should help you
> out.

Yup, I've seen, thanks.

> One of the things I noticed from your original patch were that you
> set _USE_MATH_DEFINES within postgis.vsprops and also within individual
> files.

Yes, I had to add _USE_MATH_DEFINES to fix number of issues.
This is Visual C++ specific macro.
It needs to be set "globally", in compiler flags just like _DEBUG,
so I'm going to remove per-file definitions.

> Can we not just keep this defined within postgis.vsprops?
> Otherwise I can see this making more work to keep the MSVC build up to
> date.

I'm not sure I understand the "not just".
I'd prefer to keep it hardcoded in postgis.vsprops (later, in cmake
definitions)

Best regards,