[postgis-devel] [WKT Raster] Regular blocking in gdal2wktraster.py

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Fri Mar 27 11:19:05 PDT 2009

Well, if your application does not support display of overlapping objects then you should not store overlapping tiles in your db... As if your application does not supports tiff then you should probably not store your data in tiff... It is not because some applications do not supports fonctionalities that we most stop developping functionalities. Overlapping rasters exist and they will always exist. Most desktop applications are able to display overlapping rasters. Your application would take for granted (checking first with SELECT regular_blocking FROM raster_columns WHERE name="mycoverage") that tiles are not overlapping.

Pierre