[postgis-devel] Re: Incubation

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Sat Mar 28 17:59:38 PDT 2009

Mark Leslie wrote:

> I suppose one question I have is the status of PostGIS as a library.  Is
> that worth acknowledging in the application?

Do you mean liblwgeom? At the moment, the library is static and so is
only really useful to projects tied closely to PostGIS, e.g. WKTRaster.
This is mainly because we are currently working on the liblwgeom/PostGIS
interface which is likely to change over time, and as such is likely to
change. So while it's a feature, it's not quite ready for the prime-time
yet. Then again, if advertising this feature would bring new people to
work on liblwgeom then that wouldn't be a bad thing.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk