[postgis-devel] PostGIS installer under Vista

Waddell, Dave FOR:EX Dave.Waddell at gov.bc.ca
Fri May 22 08:40:37 PDT 2009

Thanks Mark.

I looked at the 1.3.6 installer and it seems easy to just comment out
the create template database section.

As to why admin can't run initdb I don't know.  I feel kind of like the
blind man being introduced to the elephant.  In this case I'm provided
with a new OS and a pseudo-admin account.  I'm not allowed any tools, so
when things fail I have to guess at why or figure a way around them.
I'm not going to waste too much more time on this since we are probably
the only ones that will run into this "locked down" situation.  I'll
just modify the installer and then let the local user intialize the
database and create the templates.